January 6th, 2014
Beauty, Claire's Life
Beauty Bomb: My 5 Go to Lip Colors
By Claire

So I post a lot of shots online, and quite a few of you ask questions about my lipstick!
Sometimes I feel like a broken record divulging my lip colors, simply because I tend to wear the same shades all the time.
claire-sulmers-fashion-bomb-daily-bomb-life-5-makeup-musts-sephora-mac-cyber-lip-stain-lip-colors
So, I decided to give you the scoop on the five hues I keep in heavy rotation.

Take a look:
1. Cyber by MAC
claire sulmers cyber by mac
This dark plum is all you really need to give your lips a sultry pout in the winter! During colder temps, this is my no brainer, go to color. Just swipe on a bit of eyeliner and you’re good to go.
Cyber by Mac claire sulmers fashion bomb daily
Purchase for $15 at Nordstrom.

2. Sephora Lip Stain #01 Always Red: Matte Bold Classic Red
Claire Sulmers Fashion Bomb Daily Sephora Lip Stain #1
Move over Ruby Woo, this red lip stain truly pops! Swipe on a few layers for a matte, bright red beam. Just like Ruby Woo, however, this can be very drying. Make sure you keep some lip balm in your purse to prevent peeling.
sephora cream lip stain always red
Get it for $13 at Sephora.

3. Makeup Forever Rouge Artiste Natural N5
claire sulmers makeup forever lipstick
Need a fun nude? This option by Makeup Forever does the trick. Swipe some clear gloss on top for added effect.
makeup forever rouge artist natural n5
Cop it for $20 from MakeupForever.com.
4. Violetta by MAC
claire sulmers violetta by mac
This is a pro color, so you might want to get your makeup artist friend to get you the hook up! I’ve tried many light purples, but few come quite close.
mac violetta claire sulmers
Get it for $15 from a MAC Pro Store.

5. Morange by MAC (mixed with a little Lady Danger)
1-claire-sulmers-fashion-bomb-daily-celine-dress-carbon-showroom-bag-givenchy-shoes
Alright, alright, I have a thing for MAC! I probably do need to diversify, but for now, they have the best shades for my skin tone! In the summer, when I want to brighten things up, I oscillate between Lady Danger (an orangey red) and Morange (a bright orange). Mix ‘em together for even more intensity.
batom-mac-morange
Buy for $15 a pop here.
Get all the above below:

And check out a few more close up shots to see how they rock.

6mara hoffman dress louboutin orange wedges gap mirorr sunglasses claire sulmers fashion bomb daily
3  claire sulmers preen dress proenza plum bag miu miu gingham pumps
claire sulmers morange lady danger
claire sulmers sephora lipstain 01 always red

claire sulmers cyber by mac
What are some of your go to lip colors?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Posted In
21 comments

21 Responses to “Beauty Bomb: My 5 Go to Lip Colors”

1. Shean says:

My top go to’s are overindulgence which is a Cremesheen by Mac Diva by Mac a nice matte reddish/purple and La Somptueuse by Chanel for my nice matte brick red

2. fly won says:

My faves are mac heroine, rebel, mac red, and mac taupe

3. Adrienne says:

Mine are Dragongirl by Nars, Rebel, Cyber and Amplified by Mac and darn near every color from the now defuncted Mattese line from Ricky’s.

4. SimoneLuvsLife says:

My go to colors are Noir, “O”, Ruby Woo, and Can’t get enough. All by MAC.

5. […] in N5 Nude Beige when I’m going for a lighter look. Read the rest of my lipstick musts here. What about you? What are some of your favorite lip shades? I’m always looking to expand my […]

6. Elle says:

All MAC(Rebel, Diva, MAC Red, Ruby Woo, and Flat Out Fabulous)

Stila’s Fiery is also great(similar to Sephora Lip Stain #1)

7. Bliss says:

I have a couple of the same faves. In the winter I can’t stop wearing Cyber. I also love Lady Danger, Ruby Woo, & Touch. (All by MAC)

8. Olivia Clark says:

These are a few of my favorites as well! Red’s, nudes, and deep berries complement our skin so well.

9. Tasha says:

This is a good list. I especially LOVE the lip stains from Sephora. I always feel whimsical LOL

10. Nene says:

Claire, have you ever tried Heroine by MAC? It’s more vibrant than Violetta and is an absolutely amazing purple for African American skin tones. It was a limited edition lippie, but they just brought it back permanently!

11. Ingrid says:

So, I have a question. I like the idea of wearing a bold red or purply ( love purples ) lipstick every once in a while. But I can never get past feeling like it just doesn’t look right on me. I’m not a huge make-up wearer at all – I’m big on clean/clear/dewy skin. Do you just have to practice until you get comfortable and stop feeling like everyone is staring at your lips? shrug.

12. kim says:

Make up forever is great. The pigment is rich.

13. Natasha says:

I love the lipstick choices you picked!! I’m even more excited that I have the exact colors or colors in the family. Great reviews and ways to style the colors. You inspired me to purchase Morange as my new spring color :)

14. Kwanice Jackson says:

Thank you, Claire for sharing. I don’t wear a lot of lipstick because I really don’t know how to apply make-up. But these colors look great on your skin tone. I want to try them all!

15. Miriette says:

I love the nude one I will wear it with a mac lip gloss.. I also love the cyber by mac but too scared to wear it lol… I like to keep things simple but I really need to go out the box at times. I need to put a little more sexy to my look..

16. kaina says:

I love any burgundy color, obsessed with it! I also love pale pink and shocking pink matte lipstick from nyx

17. Samantha says:

People are sleeping on the sephora lipstains. I’ve gotten 3 of the colors so far. I’ve yet to be disappointed. I love their pigments and the fact that they dry matte.

18. beatricebang says:

That orange lip is everything! I have Cyber and I love it! I def. want to try the those sephora lipstains

19. V says:

I’m usually team bright lip going for morange candy yum yum heroine ruby woo girl about town & lady danger
    But you’ve def made me a believer in the power of a great nude lippy make up forever rouge artiste in no 5 is the truth always shied away from them as a brownie but grazie my love

20. Taniqua says:

Love the cyber by MAC!!!!!! The Sam fine for fashion fair line has a similar color thats just as good, its African Violet

21. […] today. I am convinced I need to buy this shade…it looks great on everyone! A well-known fashion blogger also named this shade as one of her 5 go-to lip […]